Vladyslav SHYVANIUK – Senior researcher
G.V. Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics,
National Academy of Sciences,
36, Academician Vernadsky blvd.
Phone: +380(44) 424-
Fax: +380(44) 424-
Born February 27, 1975 in Kiev, Ukraine. Married to Liudmyla Niemchenko.
Positions & Commissions
• Research Associate Professor, International Research Center for Hydrogen Energy at Kyushu University, JAPAN, April 2009 – July 2011
• Senior Staff Scientist, G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, UKRAINE, 2007-
• Staff Scientist, G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, UKRAINE, 2004-
• Head of Young Researchers Council at G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, 2002-
• Young Staff Scientist, G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, UKRAINE, 2002-
• Engineer, G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, UKRAINE, 1996-
• Teacher, Secondary school #222, Kiev, UKRAINE, 1995-
• Postdoc at Lille University of Sciences and Technologies, Lille, FRANCE, 2005-
• Ph.D. in Physics of Metals, G.V Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, UKRAINE, 2002
• Specialist in solid-
Effect of hydrogen on the properties of steels and alloys. Specific areas of interest are mechanical properties, phase transformations, defects of crystal lattice and electronic structure of steels and alloys doped by hydrogen.
Other areas of interest
Participant of INTAS and STCU grant projects (“Hydrogen-
• 36 accepted papers in journals or books (list of publications is attached)
• Participated in many international and national conferences and meetings.
GoogleScholar profile: http://scholar.google.com.ua/citations?user=EJUjgnsAAAAJ
Scopus profile: http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=6602446330
I have teaching experience in physics in high school, 1995-
Honours, Awards, Fellowships, Memberships of Professional Societies
Scholarship of French Government 1998-
Scholarship of Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences 2000-
Scholarship of President of Ukraine for young scientists 2002-
Prize of President of Ukraine for young scientists 2005
PC: MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Office, etc.
Engineering programs: MathCAD 2003/13/14, ORIGIN 7/8, PeakFit, ect.
Graphics: Photoshop, Corel Draw
Others: Carine, Wien2k, ect.
Russian and Ukrainian (native), English and French (fluently), Japanese (beginner level)
Literature, sport and psychology